How do we make our pigs happy?
- Our welfare standards are the highest, and have been well recognised by butchers and the RSPCA as the best you can get.
- Outdoor living - all our pigs are born and live outdoors for their whole lives with masses of space in the lush green pastures nestled by woodland. We don't take our pigs indoors at the end of their lives to fatten them up, like lots of other 'free-range' farms.
- Ensure our pigs are able to live stress-free lives by providing them with what they need.
- Mud wallows are made in the summer months.
- Our pigs always have fresh bedding.
- Our pig food is superior quality, and we use our extensive knowledge of genetics to make sure that we get the healthiest pigs suited to their surroundings.
- Plentiful supply of water
- Lots of TLC given by people who work with the animals day in, day out.
As a result, our pigs are exceptionally healthy and breed lots of healthy piglets. There is no need for growth promoters, additives and antibiotics.